Sunday, September 25, 2011

f i r s t birthday







 we celebrated Emma's first birthday yesterday. it was a perfect day. Emma woke up, ate breakfast and played a little. then Tim, his brother Rob and his wife Amber,  Emma and I went to Valhalla for breakfast. once we got home, Emma went down for her nap while i finished up the final party details. she woke up just as her quests were arriving. she was the perfect party girl. she walked around and smiled and interacted with everyone. i am so proud of our little girl. she loves her family and friends. she is sweet, kind and generous. i was in awe watching her make the rounds at her party greeting all of her guests with a big grin and contagious giggle. she is so independent. she is always on the go. exploring and discovering something she hasn't seen before. but the second she bumps her toe or needs a cuddle when she's tired, she runs to my arms. it has been an exciting year and i dream every night about what the years ahead might hold. i found my inspiration for her party decorations on pinterest, naturally.      



cupcake garland. cupcake liners from Shop Sweet Lulu.

                                              
tissue puffs and fans. also from Shop Sweet Lulu.

number one made by Tim out of cardboard, spray painted by me. tissue puffs made by me. tutorial from Martha Stewart.

ice cream dishes from the dollar store. tablecloth made by me. highchair found at an antique store.


tissue puffs made by me.



letters from Michaels craft store. spray painted by me. white patio furniture belonged to my great-grandma.


God has truly blessed us with a special girl. you were wonderfully made by God. Psalm 139.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio