Monday, March 21, 2011

sucess

my husband is a firefighter with CalFire. today is day 3 of 3 that he is gone. for 3 whole days and nights i get to be home full time with our little one. i love our time together. i love taking her places and hearing people say, "what a beautiful baby! she looks just like you!" when my husband is with us, people say she looks just like him.  on to the success story. i became a gym member the beginning of february with the intent of getting into pre-pregnancy shape. i have gone about 7 times. i use the typical excuses, but the truth is, i'm just lazy. the gym offers a child care service for $1.25 an hour! so today, i gave it a try. i woke up about 7 and waited for the little one to start cooing. she woke up about 7:30. i loved on her, changed her diaper and fed her around 8. i called the gym and asked my 50 questions and made arrangements to be there at 9. i dropped her off and headed to do my workout. i thought of her the whole time. if she was crying, if she is too young to be left with strangers, if the lady was going to be nice to her...etc. i picked her up about 10:30 and she was sound asleep! we headed home and she stayed asleep long enough for me to take a long hot shower, shave my legs AND put lotion on after and do my makeup! she woke up and ate and then played while i did my hair and got dressed. there is a huge feeling of accomplishment when i can achieve a goal for myself while taking care of a little one. i can't give myself all the credit, i am blessed with a great baby. i really am. she makes being a mom seem easy.
a little side note about this gym thing. before i was married and had a baby, it was just me. i only had me to think about (financially). with that came a fabulous wardrobe. if i can't get into pre-pregnancy shape, i can kiss that fabulous wardrobe goodbye.

this is my little one. she is worth every ounce of gained weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio